Thursday, June 15, 2006

Ok, so this will be my blog while I am residing in the city of Surat, which is in the state of Gujarat, which of course is in Innnndia. Here's what I know so far: I'm leaving on July 4th - eek! - which is less than 3 weeks away (all you myspacers can reference my countdown if you need days, hours and minutes). I have found out the name of my family but they STILL have not contacted me. argh. I can barely make out the name on the form (since it's handwritten and photocopied) but as far as I can tell the dad's name is Prareen Kaklcar...? not so sure about that last name. My school is called Bharatya Vidya Bhavan...in the guarantee letter they sent, however, they distressingly refer to me as "Moran Colleen". This will have to be sorted out. On the plus side, I found out I get 1000 rupees/month allowance from the host club. Which translates to approximately $21, but I hear that money goes a long way there. More info as developments occur. I'm off to a family reunion in Seattle.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

:D :D
Marked you on my favorites list! Can't wait for more to come! Take care my friend, love you.

Courtney said...

Oh...one more thing...do you care if I put the link to your blog on my blog?