Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Navratri Pictures...finally







Oops, once again it's been awhile since I last posted, but they say a picture's worth a thousand words, so hopefully this will make up for it!
The first picture is a woman dancing with pots on her head, which is quite a big deal here. Then a couple of guys in traditional dress, which I personally think is rather goofy. The next one is two guys dressed as Hanuman, the monkey god. He's my favorite Hindu god, mostly because I can make a face that looks exactly like him. Then some kids decked out in their Navratri finest - aren't they cute? And because Indians are delighted that a foreigner has learned their dances, a huge picture of me appeared in the newspaper - too bad I was mad at the photographer, who wouldn't leave me alone, and therefore have a wierd look on my face. And lastly, me and my sisters, all ready to go out and dance the night away. For some reason, Indians rarely smile in pictures.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that newspaper picture seriously looks lifesize...i like it

Courtney said...

haha i love em Colleen! That newspaper pick is sweet too. Miss you bud! Take care! Hope to talk to you soon...well write you soon!

Anonymous said...

nice chenia choli! did you buy some there or are you borrowing? I know... Navratri was CRAZY for people taking pictures...Ive never seen so many men wielding camera phones before...
Jen