Thursday, September 28, 2006

Flood pictures







Ok, so the Internet at my house is working again (joy!) so I can finally show you all those pictures I've promised. First off, the water at it's highest point- 12 feet around the bungalow! Then the cars, at an early point - they were eventually inundated, of course, but I thought I'd include this picture anyway. Next a lovely sunset from the 3rd day of the flood. Now an Indian army helicopter that was distributing food to the apartment buildings around us, and lastly, a boat that paddled by in the canal that was once the road - our own Indian Venice! Next thing to tackle is Janmashtame and Ganeshotsav...man this takes sooo long.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

ahh that´s so insane Colleen. Hmm so we haven´t had any rain yet hear so no floods for us. It´s weird cause it´s sunny all the time and the sun is really strong but I seem to be as white as ever...zero tan for me :( it´s like I´m in europe somewhere in in the winter but no..SA. Time is going by so fast...for you to?