Monday, July 31, 2006

This took forever.....





Finally figured out how to connect my camera to the computer, so here you go. First off, the famous uniform. Sorry it's such a bad picture, but the power was out at the time...Speaking of school, I am currently taking Hindi lessons twice a week, dance classes three times a week (on a random note, everybody here says "thrice" instead of "three times", I feel like I'm in Victorian England or something), art classes with 6th-8th graders twice a week (should be fun), and history lessons twice a week as well. Also I can go down to the library whenever the other classes get too boring. They basically let me do anything I want. School is finally looking up! Ok, next we have the lovely toilet that I thought was worth a picture, just so you all get a feel for what I'm talking about. To the right is the "personal shower". Now for the family. I couldn't get a picture of all of them - they're quite camera-shy - but I did manage to get one of Seema (my host mom), Ba (which means grandmother), and Rutvik, who is my Peter substitute for the year. He's doing a good job of it, too. There's also a picture of my favorite room in the house - the little movie theater where we go at least three times a week to lounge in air-conditioned comfort and watch Bollywood movies. The last picture is the view from outside the house. There. Now you all can stop bugging me.

4 comments:

Courtney said...

Oh Colleen I love it! Thanks for posting pictures :) Makes it thrice as cool..jaja. Anyhoo I have to go take care of the tornado that hit my room and bathroom...me and packing equals not good!

Anonymous said...

wow im so jealous!! u look like ur having a blast!!! how is it there? do u love it more than japan?
love ya babe!!
jen :)

Anonymous said...

Good job. That looks like water or ocean in the distance. Is it?

Anonymous said...

Nice uniform, we're in victoria!!!
of course, you're in the heart of india, so that's not much of a boast. I'm with Tony and Randy. They say, 'remember, no eye contact!' have fun

Peter